In 2016 : 24
In 2016 : €1.8m
Federating expertise, developing techniques
The technical institute dedicated to organic agriculture
Established in 1982, ITAB is a body dedicated to the national coordination of professionally managed AB research and experimentation. The institute brings together experts from the field, research and professionals to produce technical references on organic production methods, useful to both organic and conventional farmers.
3 main missions :
- Animation of the national network of research-experimentation in AB
- Setting up national projects
- Production of technical knowledge
ITAB works in a network with all those involved in research and experimentation in AB or who can contribute their knowledge and share it with AB.
The ITAB relies in particular on :
- research and experimentation stations, research coordination stations, experimental farms and agricultural high school farms that carry out research in AB.
- the network of regional and departmental groups of agrobiologists and regional and departmental chambers of agriculture
All the productions concerned, from upstream to downstream
ITAB is working on:
- livestock, field crops, viticulture, fruits, vegetables...
- upstream (agronomy and cropping systems, seeds & plants, plant and animal health...) and downstream (quality and processing of organic products)