To support the digital transformation of the agricultural sector and to cope with the activities of the Agricultural Technical Institutes, Acta undertakes collective projects around 3 axes:
- Support the digital transformation of the agricultural technical institutes;
- Adopt a strategy around data access and value generation;
- Act as a key player in the digital transition of agriculture.
To ficilitate collective work around digital agriculture, Acta relies on a cross-cutting program entitled “Mobilization of the digital lever to support the design, management, deployment and valorization of innovative and performant agricultural production systems”.
Acta also runs two Mixed Technological Networks (RMT):
- The RMT Data Science and Modeling for Agriculture and Agri-food
- The NAEXUS RMT (Agricultural Digital Network to increase Education, Experimentation and Uses of Digital in Agriculture)
These two networks aim at federating a wide community of actors of research, innovation, education and agricultural development around these themes.
Acta is also involved in many digital projects on both French and European scales, such as the SmartAgriHubs project “Unleashing the innovation potential for the digital transformation of the European Agrifood Sector” funded under Horizon 2020 and involving Acta, ARVALIS and AgDataHub in a very large European partnership of 160 partners from 22 countries.
Finally, Acta regularly organizes an event called HackTaFerme® which is a hackathon or coding competition on the farm aiming at encouraging participative innovation. This event already has 3 editions to date: one in 2018 in Châlons-en-Champagne, one in 2019 in Gers and one in 2021 in Drôme.