In 2016 : 86 FTE including around 60 engineers
In 2016 : €11m
Competitiveness, value creation, innovation and sustainability for the pig and pork industry.
IFIP (the French institute for the pig and pork industry) is a technical tool for all the different trades in the French pig industry: from studies to expertise in roles ranging from traditional and industrial manufacturers of charcuterie, to genetics, animal nutrition, slaughter and cutting and farming.
Its objective is to meet the needs of economic stakeholders, contributing to the modernisation, competitiveness and sustainable development of the pig sector and the supply of diversified, healthy and quality products for consumers. Strengthening the competitiveness of the chain, ensuring quality and product segmentation places French pig production firmly on the path of sustainable development.
Its core tasks include research and development, expertise, training and information.
IFIP provides technical and economic references, expertise and support to public authorities, professional organisations and companies (pig producer groups, meat industries, breeding organisations, feed companies etc.).
Its activities are organised around four R&D themes.
- Economic: pork market conditions, raw materials and feed, meat and meat products, analysis of French and foreign pig sectors, the adaptation of products to markets, international monitoring, technical-economic management of farms, production costs.
- Meat and charcuterie: the relationship between meat quality and production, animal protection, carbon and energy balances, the classification of carcasses and cuts, characterisation of raw materials, ingredient testing, optimisation of formulations, packaging, labelling, nutritional value of products, characterisation of flora and germs, control plans, epidemiology of contaminants, adaptation of processes and product life through predictive microbiology, regulatory monitoring.
- Pig farming techniques: animal feed (animal requirements, reducing waste), manure and methane management, gas and odour control, diagnostics and environmental assessments, reproduction and litter management, building design and costs, energy, production systems, organic farming, animal welfare, breeding hygiene and animal health.
- Genetics: genetic evaluation, support to operators, management of performance monitoring stations, data processing, conservation of genetic resources, integration of biotechnologies (genomics).
- Tools offered: Expertise - Audits - Databases - Monitoring indicators - Technical and regulatory monitoring - Market monitoring – Chain analysis – Private surveys and studies – IT and statistical tools.
Représentant du gouvernement
Président du Conseil Scientifique
Commissaire aux comptes
Directeur pôle Économie
Directeur pôle Génétique
Directeur pôle Techniques d’Élevage
Directeur pôle Viandes et Charcuteries
Responsable du service contrôle financier