PANACEA Network aims at the dissemination of near to practice applicable cases of Non-food Crops and at the cooperation between research, industry and farming community, in order to increase the contribution of Non-food Crops to the European Bio-economy Strategy.
PANACEA Network addresses the challenge of increasing the penetration of Non-Food Crops (NFC) into the EU Agriculture and Bio-economy, with the following objectives:
- Create and disseminate an INVENTORY of scientific results near to practice on the sustainable production of NFC.
Analyse and contribute to the role that NFC can play in the RURAL RENAISSANCE of Europe taking into consideration the farmers’ and bio-based industries’ needs and interests.
Create interactive MULTI-ACTOR COMMUNITIES in 10 countries involving a wide range of actors from science, industry and agricultural practice that will facilitate the dissemination of near to practice NFC solutions and capturing and spreading innovative ideas.
Provide TRAINING to farmers, agronomists and agricultural students on practice-oriented knowledge on specific NFC value chains.
Develop the online PANACEA PLATFORM, offering services to farmers, agronomists and bio-based industries for knowledge exchange, networking, assessment of the economic and environmental aspects of NFC, and matching between the supply and demand sides for new projects and initiatives.
- NETWORK with other relevant EU initiatives, such as EIP-AGRI, other Thematic Networks and Operational Groups, ensuring the sustainability on the long term of the Network results.
PANACEA in figures
- 3 years of project (since november 2017)
- 1,999,500.00 € budget
- 16 partners from 10 countries
- More than 200 farmers and 100 industries consulted
- More than 800 stakeholders engaged
- More than 750 people trained
- More than 200 non food crops cases
- More than 1000 users registered