ReMIX is a H2020 multi-actor project that will allow designing cropping systems based on agro-ecology for the benefit of farmers and the whole EU agricultural community.
ReMIX will exploit the benefits of species mixtures to design more diversified and resilient agro-ecological arable cropping systems. Based on a multi-actor approach, ReMIX will produce new knowledge that is both scientifically credible and socially valuable in conventional and organic agriculture. The project will tackle practical questions and co-design ready-to-use practical solutions. The project will span from the specification of end-user needs and the co-design of in-field and on-farm experiments to demonstrations with evaluation of new varieties and practices. ReMIX will contribute to the adoption of productive and resilient agricultural systems.
- Overcome barriers to stimulate the adoption of species mixtures by farmers and in agri-food chains.
- Unravel mechanisms of plant-plant interactions to maximize resource use efficiency.
- Determine the role of species mixtures in controlling diseases, pests and weeds and alleviating yield damages.
- Demonstrate the role of species mixtures in improving ecosystem service provision and development of resilienceto biotic stress.
- Identify key traits and create novel breeding and phenotyping methods. Generate novel breeding material to grain legume / cereal mixtures.
- Develop generic rules for assembling species for efficient cash crop production using process-based simulation models.
- Develop new management techniques to optimize species mixtures performance.
- Optimize settings and specifications for agricultural machinery for harvesting and separating grains.
- Develop a toolbox, a serious game and technical booklets for farmers and advisors.
- INRA - FR (Coord.)
- SLU - SE
- Université de Roskilde (RUC) - DK
- SRUC - UK
- Wageningen - NL
- Louis Bolk Institute (LBI) -NL
- Université de Kassel (KU) - DE
- Université Hohenheim (UHOH) - DE
- Université Aristotle de Thessaloniki (AUTH) - GR
- Académie Agricole Magyar (MTA ATK) - HU
- Conseil pour Recherche en Agriculture et analyse de l'économie agraire (CREA) - IT
- Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL) - CH
- China Agricultural University (CAU) - Chine
- INRA Transfert (IT) - FR
- ACTA - FR
- Terrena - FR
- DLO - NL
- Etablissement Denis - FR
- INTIA - ES
- AGCO - DK
- Agriculture Advisory Center (AAC) - PL
- IFOAM EU - SE
- Iniciativas Innovadoras (INI) - ES
For more information:
ARVALIS, ITAB, and Terres Inovia participate to the REMIX project along with Acta.