In 2020 : 35 employees, 7 Doctors, 6 engineers
Alongside the CTIFL and in complementarity with this national institute, Vegenov has developed R&D skills in biotechnologies applied to plant breeding, the evaluation of plant protection and nutrition products and the evaluation of the quality of plant products.
Vegenov offers confidential R&D services to breeders, seed and seedlings producers, agrochemists, producers and distributors.
Certified ISO 9001 for its research and development activities, and for technological watch and literature studies, Vegenov offers services in the following fields:
- Cell biology and in vitro culture,
- Molecular biology, support in marker-assisted breeding genetic fingerprints of plants and their associated microorganisms (pathogenic and beneficial),
- Evaluation of the efficacy and mode of action of plant protection and nutrition products (biocontrol products, herbicides, biostimulants, etc.).
- Sensory and nutritional quality of harvested products,
- Monitoring, advice and support for innovation.
Initiated on vegetable crops (cauliflower, broccoli, artichoke, shallot and tomato), these skills are today proposed to other crops and other technical institutes of Acta.
Vegenov is a Technological Resource Center (label of the Ministry of Research) and a technical institute linked to the Ctifl. It is involved in various networks (Acta, ASF, UFS, AFAIA, IBMA...) and competitive clusters (Valorial, Végépolys Valley...).
Maintaining a privileged relationship with public research (INRAE, CNRS, Universities), Vegenov is a member of the AgriFood Transition Carnot Institute, of Biogenouest and an emulator of the Emergys incubator.
Plant protection and nutrition R&D manager
Molecular biology R&D manager
Sensory and nutritional quality R&D manager
Innovation project manager