In 2019 : 74 full-time equivalent
In 2019 : €11m
Competitiveness, Value Creation, Innovation and Sustainability of the Pork Industry.
The IFIP, Institut du Porc, is the technical tool for the various professions in the French pork industry: from studies... to expertise by profession, ranging from artisanal and industrial pork butchery manufacturers, to genetics, animal feed, slaughter-cutting and breeding.
Its objective is to meet the needs of economic players in order to contribute to the modernisation, competitiveness and sustainable development of the pig sector and to the supply of diversified, healthy and quality products for consumers: to strengthen the competitiveness of the sector, to ensure product quality and segmentation, and to ensure that pig production is part of sustainable development.
Its activities are: Research and Development, Expertise, Training and Information.
The IFIP-Institut du Porc provides technical and economic references, expertise and support to public authorities, professional organisations and companies (pork producer groups, meat industries, breeding organisations, animal feed companies, etc.).
Its activity is organised around 4 R&D centres.
- Economy: economic situation and markets for pork, raw materials and feed, meat and meat products, analysis of the French and foreign pork sectors, product adaptation to markets, international intelligence, technical and economic management of farms, production costs.
- Meat and charcuterie: relationship between meat quality and animal husbandry, animal protection, carbon and energy balances, classification of carcasses and cuts, characterization of raw materials, ingredient testing, optimization of formulations, packaging, labeling, nutritional value of products, characterization of flora and germs, control plans, epidemiology of contaminants, adaptation of processes and lifespans by predictive microbiology, regulatory monitoring.
- Animal husbandry techniques: animal feed (animal needs, waste reduction), effluent management and methanisation, gas and odour control, environmental diagnostics and assessments, herd reproduction and management, building design and costs, energy, production systems, organic farming, animal welfare, animal hygiene and health.
- Genetics: genetic evaluation, support to operators, supervision of performance monitoring stations, data processing, conservation of genetic resources, integration of biotechnologies (genomics). The IFIP-Institut du Porc develops expertise and makes technical and economic references available to players in the pork industry. It creates and manages reference databases. At the interface between fundamental research and private companies, numerous partnerships and joint work programmes associate the IFIP-Institut du porc with public research, other institutes and economic players.
- Proposed tools: Expertise - Audits - Databases - Monitoring indicators - Technical and regulatory monitoring - Market observatories - Sector analyses - Surveys and private studies - Computer and statistical tools.
Directeur Développement & Marketing
Représentant du gouvernement
Président du Conseil Scientifique
Commissaire aux comptes
Directeur pôle Économie
Directeur pôle Génétique
Directeur pôle Techniques d’Élevage
Directeur pôle Viandes et Charcuteries
Responsable du service contrôle financier
Responsable R&D, IT et numérique