The dissemination of information, knowledge and technologies to professionals and companies in the sector is done in particular through information notes, publications, symposia and technical days. The website www.ifpc.eu contains a wealth of information accessible to all. The magazine "Pomme à cidre", widely distributed in the sector, is another important vector.
Examples of publications:
- Cider Apples; Varieties, 2015 (IFPC)
- Phenological stages of cider apple, 2014 (IFPC)
- Elaboration of apple and cider juices - Techniques de l'ingénieur, 2010 (IFPC, INRA)
- Cider orchards in 2007, production potential and prospects, 2009 (IFPC).
- Practical guide to cider making, 2006 (IFPC)
- Grafting of cider apple, 2004 (IFPC)
- Pommiers à cidre, variétés de France, 1997 (INRA Edition) - Reissue
Regular broadcast media :
- Annual activity report, latest issue: activities for the year 2017 (IFPC)
- Pomme à Cidre" magazine (3 issues per year) published by UNICID in partnership with IFPC and IDAC.
- Technical news notes (about 15 per year): harvest forecasts, information on symposia, bulletins on the orchard situation, apple maturity, phytosanitary and regulatory news, etc.
Annual conference "Entretiens Cidricoles", at the SIVAL in Angers.
- In 2018: Cider on the international scene: panorama of markets, products, trends - directions for innovation and R&D (organized in collaboration with UNICID)
- In 2017: Biocontrol and functional biodiversity: interests and prospects for the cider industry
- In 2016: New technologies in agriculture: State of play and prospects for cider farming
- In 2015: Organoleptic quality of ciders and processes
Example of technical days :
- 2017: Optimizing spraying methods and equipment in cider orchards
- 2016 : Plant material in cider farming
- 2015 : Hygiene in the cider house and plant material in cider farming