Areas of expertise
Crop Management :
- Knowledge and management of pests and beneficials in the cultivation of perfume and aromatic plants.
- Weed management in crops.
- Knowledge and means of disease management.
Genetic resources :
- Conservation of remarkable varieties of perfume and aromatic plants.
- Animation and development of the production chain of certified plants.
- Varietal comparison, selection, creation of varieties.
Agroecology in PPAM crops:
- Development of agroecological crop itineraries with inter-row cover.
- Systemic approach to crop management
- Search for itineraries for the adaptation of crops to climate change
Experiments on machinism and transformation :
- Development of prototypes for mechanical weeding, harvesting machine.
- Improvement of distillation and drying processes.
- Water and energy savings
- Quality of essential oils.
Dissemination of information :
- Through various technical messages, CRIEPPAM informs producers (more than 1,700) about the achievements in terms of experimentation, news from the sector, etc...
- Social networks
- Website intended primarily for producers.
- Technical meetings, field demonstrations.
- Animation of an observation network and dissemination to producers (BSV sector, Flashes, alerts).
- Training and methodological support to technicians of the sector (producers' organizations, chambers of agriculture)
- Training on expertise themes (Distillation, drying, plant production, ...)